Kuwait City (SPA) – Kuwait has condemned in the strongest terms the continued attempts of the Iranian-backed terrorist Houthi militia to threaten the security of Saudi Arabia by targeting Khamis Mushayt with a bomb-laden drone and to threaten maritime navigation and international trade in the Bab Al-Mandab strait and the southern Red Sea with a booby-trapped boat.
The Kuwaiti Ministry of Foreign Affairs said that the continuation of these aggressive practices constitutes a flagrant violation of the rules of international and humanitarian law and requires the international community to move quickly and decisively to deter these threats and hold the perpetrators accountable.
The ministry reaffirmed Kuwait’s its support for all the measures the Kingdom takes to preserve its security, stability and sovereignty.
On Saturday, the Arab coalition said it intercepted and destroyed a drone targeting Saudi Arabia’s Abha airport on Saturday.
The coalition said it is dealing with the source of the threat “to protect civilians from hostile attacks.”
Earlier on Saturday, the coalition said that 157 Houthis had been killed in strikes on different Yemeni areas.